This is part of my ongoing campaign to convince people to stop having sex unless they are planning to take on the responsibility of raising a child (which is the real purpose of sex, in case you were misled by TV, movies, and vain magazines). Here are some reasons why cuddling is superior to sex as a form of affection:
- It’s more hygienic. You can keep your clothes on and avoid skin-to-skin contact, so there’s much less chance of spreading disease.
- There are no messy body fluids to clean up afterward.
- Emotionally, it simply makes you feel safe, as opposed to powerful/powerless. No one gets “screwed”.
- The feelings are less intense, and therefore it’s not as addictive (if at all).
- You can do it for hours without getting tired.
- It doesn’t end in an abrupt, uncontrollable, often disappointing climax.
Yes, sometimes I do think about sex. I’m just saying that with a little self-control there’s a better way.